Retention Policies & Coordinators
This release includes a new Retention Policy feature that allows users to locally delete messages, calls and broadcasts after a chosen period of time. The retention period can be set by the user on their device, or enforced by an Administrator from the Salt Enterprise Portal.
A new Coordinator role has been introduced for Broadcast Channels. Users with the Coordinator capability are able to forward a broadcast message to a selected contact or group chat. This entitlement can be controlled from the Channels section of the Salt Enterprise Portal.
Additionally, an expiration time can be set on each Broadcast Channel causing posts within the channel to be deleted from a subscribers device after the set time. For example, if a broadcast channel has set time of 3 days, 3 days after a post was initially made it will be deleted from that broadcast channel.
- SI-14: Broadcast content expiry time can now be set within the Salt Enterprise Portal for chosen broadcast channels. This ensures that broadcast posts are deleted after a predefined amount of time.
- SI-45: Ability to forward a broadcast message given the correct entitlement.
- SI-78: Retention Policy feature has been implemented to clean up old messages and meta-data.
- SI-50: Increase minSDK to 21 in line with Android best practice.
- SI-165: Fixed an issue where a user could sometimes bypass the PIN screen if pop-up simultaneously appeared.
- SI-164: Fixed an issue where a user could sometimes bypass the PIN screen when receiving a call while on the PIN screen.
- SI-163: Fixed an issue where a user could bypass the PIN screen on BB KeyOne in different scenarios.
- SI-153: Fixed an issue where users were not getting a notification and noise when alert was sent.
- SI-152: Fixed an issue where the auto burn circle showed at 100% when entering a conversation thread before correcting itself.
- SI-151: Fixed an issue where selecting someone to forward a message to appeared to select multiple people.
- SI-149: Fixed an issue where messages were not being deleted when deleted offline.
- SI-53: Fixed an issue where conferences occasionally wouldnâ€™t end when a call was cancelled.
- SI-52: Fixed an issue where the dynamic switching of the bottom navigation was too slow.
- SI-51: Fixed an issue where upon creation of a group chat the top level messages screen would display rather than the conversation thread.
- SI-261: Corrected a layout issue in which forwarded broadcasts were not rendering properly in the Message Information screen.
- SI-262: Resolved an issue where subscribers who were given the coordinator role were unable to forward broadcasts.
- SI-263: Corrected an issue in which the app purge time was not being calculated properly.
- SI-264: Fixed an issue causing a crash during video export.
- SI-226: Fixed a crash caused by burning a broadcast with an attached file, before downloading the attachment.
- SI-227: Resolved an issue where an image would appear in the wrong place due to caching.
- SI-13: Broadcast content expiry time can now be set within the Salt Enterprise Portal for chosen broadcast channels. This ensures that broadcast posts are deleted after a predefined amount of time.
- SI-44: Ability to forward a broadcast message given the correct entitlement.
- SI-76: Message Retention Policy feature has been implemented.
- SI-54: Broadcast titles and descriptions will be pasted into the appropriate areas when copy & pasting from an existing broadcast into a new post.
- SI-67: Broadcasts now support hyperlinks.
- SI-74: Added the section header, 'Recently Contacted', when forwarding.
- SI-92: Improved the UI of broadcast forwarding and added an extension.
- SI-166: Fixed an issue where the description field on a broadcast post would let you copy the text without the appropriate permission.
- SI-55: Fixed an issue where burning group messages would burn them on your recipient's device but not locally.
- SI-82: Fixed an issue where the system and app ringtones played at the same time.
- SI-73: Fixed an issue where answering a conference call on the lock screen would cause the call to die after 3 minutes.
- SI-62: App now provides appropriate feedback to users that their message has been forwarded.
- SI-60: Fixed an issue where burning all comms in the user details page while offline didn't refresh when back online.
- SI-59: Fixed an issue where guest Invitees would not be guided to the correct screen after verifying.
- SI-58: Fixed an issue what prevented users from sending group messages whilst offline.
- SI-57: Fixed an issue where playing video in the app was using the wrong category.
- SI-56: Fixed an issue where the call speaker was activated after watching a video.
- SI-177: Fixed an issue where a user which was not in a userâ€™s roster was treated as a deactivated user.
- SI-174: Fixed an issue where a white cell would show where record action labels should be.
- SI-169: Fixed an issue where two fingers were required to tap cell and open attachments on a broadcast channel.
- SI-168: Fixed an issue where if a user long pressed a cell in a broadcast channel, the magnifier appeared.
- SI-136: Fixed an issue where the colour flicked from white to green on presence change.
- SI-129: Fixed an issue where messaging into an empty thread caused a flicker of the new cell.
- SI-91: Fixed an issue where users could not background a call.
- SI-40: Fixed an issue where the splash screen was showing more often than intended.
- SI-265: Corrected an issue whereby the Unread Messages header was appearing multiple times without a message thread.
- SI-266: Resolved an issue where subscribers who were given the coordinator role were unable to forward broadcasts.
- SI-267: Messages of a certain length were being truncated due to an autolayout issue.
- SI-268: Using the Recents list on the iPhone wasnâ€™t displaying the call screen correctly.
- SI-269: Corrected an incorrect layout of messages which caused them to be too long.
- SI-222: Fixed an issue with the message thread not scrolling to the correct unread marker position.
- SI-211: Fixed an issue regarding the call screen not presenting when the user made a call from the systems call log.
- SI-220: We have added logging to help track down the PIN screen issue.
- SI-219: Fixed an issue with Offline / Online status. Added extra trace to debug the issue, reset the status label when you come online & optimised the request for last activity.
- SI-230: Fixed an issue that caused the app to fail to reconnect after going offline.
Salt Enterprise Portal 1.1-181
- SI-43: Now has a new type of special subscriber: Coordinator.
- SI-12: Administrators now have the ability to add a broadcast expiry time onto a channel.
- SI-6: Message Retention Policy time Implemented.