Media Feed & App Performance
This release introduces the new media feed which allows for easier access to media content. This new function has been added to group and contact detail screens. The release also focuses on app performance and speed when dealing with larger amounts of correspondence.
- SI-127: The contact and group details screen now displays image attachments that you sent/received in a more convenient and accessible manner.
- SI-179: The contact and group details screen now displays video attachments that you sent/received in a more convenient and accessible manner.
- SI-309: Enhanced diagnostics support - when debugging an issue an admin can now increase the logging level for call related operations.
- SI-545: Improvements have been made for attachment handling & resend behaviour.
- SI-542: UI has been improved for forwarded broadcasts with an image preview.
- SI-498: App now has better performance when receiving lots of notifications.
- SI-429 / SI-330: Camera UI has been updated.
- SI-237: Header styles have been updated.
- SI-567: Fixed an issue where the Alias was not being shown for users.
- SI-556: Users can no longer forward messages to disbanded group chats.
- SI-557: Fixed an issue where no thumbnail was shown for outgoing video attachments until screen refresh.
- SI-544: Fixed an issue where no thumbnail was showing for video attachments when sent/received on Android devices.
- SI-554: Fixed an issue where no badge was displaying on the broadcasts tab.
- SI-541: Fixed an issue where the auto-burn icon progress stopped updating under some circumstances.
- SI-497: The 'Do Not Disturb' popup has been removed if a user does not have broadcasts enabled.
- SI-475: Fixed an issue where no alias was set on a users device.
- SI-471: Fixed an issue where conference calls initiated by Android would show the owners JID.
- SI-461: The New Post screen is now RTL when set to Arabic.
- SI-320 / SI-159: Fixed an issue where the app would crash when a user ended the call when they were the last participant.
- SI-270: Fixed an issue where the camera would reset from front facing to rear facing when switching orientation.
- SI-201: Fixed an issue where around 15 seconds into a call, the status incorrectly changed to Failed.
- SI-150: Fixed an issue where Incoming calls from another third party application whilst on a call would cause the speaker to turn on.
- SI-28: Fixed an issue where spamming the export button on a video that had been burned caused a lingering toast.
- SI-126: The contact and group details screen now displays image attachments that you sent/received in a more convenient and accessible manner.
- SI-180: The contact and group details screen now displays video attachments that you sent/received in a more convenient and accessible manner.
- SI-325: We now support GIFs in the message thread. They will appear animated.
- SI-308: Enhanced diagnostics support - when debugging an issue an admin can now increase the logging level for call related operations.
- SI-333: The ability to make a group call in a group message thread can now be controlled via the server.
- SI-415: Updated the quick alphabet index on the contacts screen to support Arabic.
- SI-368: Corrected our use of the back button so that we now support swipe to navigate when on a message thread.
- SI-343: A race condition in the app start-up meant that sometimes we didn't show the critical alert permission.
- SI-205: Message previews as shown in the message details screen now shows the same message view as the main thread.
- SI-469: The back button on the message thread screen was being replaced which then failed to work when navigating back through screens.
- SI-396: Clicking on a message with an image and a caption containing numbers was incorrectly handled. We followed the phone number link rather than show the attachment.
- SI-395: When multi-selecting on the message thread screen the message bubbles would change size which caused the whole screen to jump. We now slide the message bubbles to the right and avoid the re-size.
- SI-357: An error in the way group In chat notifications were handled meant that we weren't showing any.
- SI-340: Backgrounding and foregrounding the app when a dialog was displayed would cause the dialog to move to a non-centered position.
- SI-332: A double ringtone was noticeable when receiving a call. We now only play the single tone.
- SI-331: Sometimes the ring tone would continue to play after a call was accepted.
- SI-329: The layout of forwarded cells displaying incorrectly.
- SI-324: When forwarding a message the in chat notification would be sent as a P2P message rather than appearing in the group conversation.
- SI-311: We now correctly interpret various string formats when displaying links in the message text.
- SI-284: Missed call records were not being correctly updated if you stayed on the Recents call screen.
- SI-47: We've changed the ordering of messages so that they correctly reflect when the were sent/received. The old way was causing messages to re-order when sending multiple messages.